Hi! Guys welcome to the continuous article set of my Azure cloud platform based on the shared cloud architecture. This is my 15th article. You can visit my previous articles from the below links:
- 1st article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM BASED ON THE SHARED CLOUD ARCHITECTURE
- 2nd article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Azure Active Directory
- 3rd article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Authentication
- 4th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Subscription
- 5th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -CDN
- 6th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Key Vaults
- 7th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Integrate Angular Frond-End Application with Azure AD
- 8th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Front Door
- 9th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -App Services
- 10th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Functions
- 11th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Database For MySQL Server
- 12th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Azure Storage
- 13th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Integrate Spring Boot Backend
- 14th article: AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM -Application Insights
Azure Firewall is a managed, cloud-based network security service that protects your Azure Virtual Network resources. It’s a fully stateful firewall as a service with built-in high availability and unrestricted cloud scalability. You can centrally create, enforce, and log application and network connectivity policies across subscriptions and virtual networks. Azure Firewall uses a static public IP address for your virtual network resources allowing outside firewalls to identify traffic originating from your virtual network. The service is fully integrated with Azure Monitor for logging and analytics.
Azure Firewall includes the following features:
- Built-in high availability
- Availability Zones
- Unrestricted cloud scalability
- Application FQDN filtering rules
- Network traffic filtering rules
- FQDN tags
- Service tags
- Threat intelligence
- Outbound SNAT support
- Inbound DNAT support
- Multiple public IP addresses
- Azure Monitor logging
- Forced tunneling
You can configure NAT rules, network rules, and applications rules on Azure Firewall. Rule collections are processed according to the rule type in priority order, lower numbers to higher numbers from 100 to 65,000. A rule collection name can have only letters, numbers, underscores, periods, or hyphens. It must begin with a letter or number, and end with a letter, number or underscore. The maximum name length is 80 characters.
What is Azure Firewall Manager?
Azure Firewall Manager is a security management service that provides central security policy and route management for cloud-based security perimeters. Firewall Manager can provide security management for two network architecture types:
- Secured virtual hub
- Hub virtual network
This is the end of Article 15 and hope you get a brief idea about Azure Firewall.
This is the end of my AZURE CLOUD PLATFORM BASED ON THE SHARED CLOUD ARCHITECTURE article series.